Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dijon Mustard Marinade

When I make this marinade I typically use it for grilled chicken breasts. If you let it marinade for a few hours or even overnight, the chicken really soaks up the flavor. When I make this I usually just eyeball the amounts of the ingredients and have never officially measured anything. But I've provided some rough measurements here.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
salt
pepper

Marinade Directions:
1. Put the mustard, red wine vinegar, and olive oil in a medium bowl and mix well with a fork or whisk. Add garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix again.

For grilled chicken breasts:
1. Add the chicken to the bowl and toss the chicken in the marinade so that it is evenly coated. I poke the chicken breasts with a fork a few times so that some of the marinade can penetrate the inside of the chicken breasts. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook. I usually take the chicken and marinade out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before I begin cooking. I like to bring it closer to room temperature before putting it on a hot grill pan.

2. Lightly oil a grill pan with olive oil and set on medium heat. Grill chicken breasts for 5-6 minutes on each side. Adjust the cooking time depending on how thick the chicken is.

No comments: